Nicko
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Fix the 'Shift to Park' Message in a Ford Edge?
Alright, Ford Edge fam, I’m at my wits' end with this 'Shift to Park' message. It keeps popping up, even when my car is definitely in park. Every time I try to turn the car off, I get the message, and it won't fully shut down until I jiggle the gear shifter. So far, I've tried wiggling it around (which works temporarily), but the message keeps coming back.

From what I’ve read, this could be something with the shift linkage or maybe a sensor that’s acting up? I haven't messed around with the wiring or anything yet, because, well… cars and wires, not my strong suit. But I really don’t want to shell out $$$ at the dealership if there's a fix I can do myself. Has anyone tried cleaning the sensor, or replacing the shifter switch?

Other than the message, the car drives fine. No issues shifting, but this message is driving me insane. Any help would be appreciated! Also, are there other symptoms I should look out for that might indicate a bigger problem? Anyone know a good workaround to avoid this annoying error?

Let’s hear those DIY solutions before I start pulling my hair out!