Nicko
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Edge Brake Hold System Problem: How to Diagnose and Fix?
Hey everyone, I’ve been getting this "Brake Hold System" error on my Ford Edge, and it’s starting to freak me out a little. This system is supposed to hold the car in place when you’re at a stoplight or on an incline, so I’m guessing it’s kind of important.

The message pops up randomly, and the brake hold doesn’t seem to engage properly sometimes, which makes me nervous when I’m on a hill. I’ve already checked the basics—my brake fluid levels seem fine, and the brakes themselves don’t feel off or spongy. But I’ve read this could be due to a sensor malfunction or maybe even an electrical issue. Anyone here had to deal with this? Did you end up replacing the sensor, or was it something else?

Before I take it into the shop, I’m wondering if there’s anything I can check myself. Could low brake fluid or even air in the brake lines trigger this error? And what about the electrical components—where should I even begin troubleshooting if it’s an electrical issue?

I’m really hoping to avoid a big repair bill. Any tips or advice would be great! Who else has been through this, and what did you do to fix it?

Messages In This Thread
Ford Edge Brake Hold System Problem: How to Diagnose and Fix? - by Nicko - 5 hours ago