Nicko
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does my Ford Ranger’s temperature gauge go up and down while driving?
Ok, so I’ve got this issue where the temp gauge on my Ranger keeps moving up and down while I’m driving. Like, it’ll be sitting at normal for a while, then suddenly creep up close to the hot zone for a minute, then drop back down. No overheating or check engine light yet (thankfully), but it’s got me kinda paranoid. 🤷‍♂️ I checked the coolant level, and it’s fine, so I’m not sure what’s going on.

I’ve read it might be a bad thermostat sticking or maybe air in the cooling system? I even heard it could be something to do with the radiator fan not kicking in at the right times. Anyone had this happen before? Should I be looking at the radiator cap or the water pump too? I don’t want to ignore it and end up with a big repair bill later if the engine gets damaged.

Also, has anyone replaced the thermostat on a Ranger? Is it easy to do yourself, or am I better off taking it to a mechanic? Could it be the temperature sensor just acting up? Any help or advice would be awesome!

Messages In This Thread
Why does my Ford Ranger’s temperature gauge go up and down while driving? - by Nicko - 10-20-2024, 09:19 PM