v8ismyheart
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grinding noise when accelerating: What could be causing this in my Expedition?
Hey folks, looking for some advice here. My 2015 Ford Expedition has started making this weird grinding noise when I accelerate, especially when I really hit the gas. It’s most noticeable from the front end, and the noise kind of sounds like metal rubbing on metal. The strange thing is, it doesn’t happen when I’m cruising, only when I’m accelerating from a stop or trying to pick up speed fast.

My first thought was maybe it’s something with the transmission (fingers crossed it’s not), but I’m not sure. Could it be the CV joints or maybe a bad wheel bearing? I’ve heard a few people mention that. I haven’t noticed any issues with the gears shifting, so I’m hoping it’s not transmission-related. Also, the noise gets worse the harder I accelerate, so I’m thinking it might be drivetrain or suspension-related.

Has anyone had a similar issue? I’ve checked the tire treads, and they seem fine, but I haven’t gotten under the car to inspect the driveshaft or other components yet. I really don’t want to take it to the shop without having a clue what’s going on (those guys love to charge you for everything under the sun). Any thoughts on where I should start troubleshooting? Could it be something as simple as low transmission fluid, or am I looking at a bigger issue here? Any tips or experience would be a huge help!

Messages In This Thread
Grinding noise when accelerating: What could be causing this in my Expedition? - by v8ismyheart - 09-23-2024, 03:25 PM