MidnightMason
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Lowering a Ford Ranger?
Hey folks! Thinking about lowering my Ford Ranger for a sleeker street look. Has anyone here done it? Any advice or things to watch out for?
I lowered mine last year. Used a DropZone kit and it was smooth sailing. Just make sure to adjust your headlights and check the tire wear more frequently.
Make sure you invest in a good kit. A cheap one can mess up your suspension and ride quality. Also, consider how it’ll affect your day-to-day use, especially if you carry loads.
I looked into lowering but decided against it due to our rough local roads. Remember, the lower you go, the harder the hits from bumps and potholes.
Lowered mine slightly with Belltech. Improved handling and aesthetics big time. Just don’t go too extreme if it’s also a work vehicle.
It’s a cool project! Maybe also add a wider tire to fill out the wheel wall; it balances the look really well. Done right, a lowered Ranger turns heads everywhere!
Been there, done that. Lowering improved my Ranger's handling but was rough on speed bumps. Do it, but prep for a slightly rougher ride.